Morey Mountain Conservation
- Length: ~4 miles (round trip)
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate – rolling trails that end in a cliffy overlook
- Location: Fairlee, VT
- Distance from Lake Morey Resort: <1 mile
- What it’s like: The Morey Mountain Conservation area was recently developed and its terminus provides an alternate but equally impressive view of the Connecticut River Valley as the Palisades Trail. This is actually a small network/loop of trails that spur out from a landing with a fire pit area and wind through the forest to a cliff overlook. There are informational signs throughout the trail.
- How to get there from here: Turn left out of the resort parking lot and left again at the intersection of Clubhouse Rd. and Lake Morey Rd. In about ¾ mile, you will see a sign for Morey Mountain Conservation area on your right, along with a steep gravel driveway. The top of this driveway is the parking area where you will begin your hike. There is a kiosk at the south end of the parking lot and behind it, a logging road that will lead you to the trails. Maps are posted at the beginning of the trail loop.