We are accepting applications for the following positions.
Dining Room Staff
Summer Seasonal, Part-Time Year Round & Full Time Year Round
Dining Room staff enthusiastically provide excellent guest service to create a memorable dining experience in the food and beverage department. Positions may include hours as a server, busser, host or runner depending on experience and service requirements.
- Hosts will be stationed at the front stand and greet guests as they enter the establishment. Tasks include, but are not limited to: answering the telephone, taking guest reservations where applicable, confirming hotel packages, managing the wait list and seating guests.
- Runners execute banquet and meeting breaks, meals and beverages. Tasks include setting buffets, refilling items promptly, clearing and setting tables and reading Banquet Event Orders to provide proper group orders.
- Dining Room Attendants and Bussers are crucial to the flow of the restaurant by assisting servers and other restaurant staff with any immediate needs. Tasks include, but are not limited to: clearing and setting tables, stocking dry goods, filling waters and assisting in the delivery of meals and beverages.
- Servers have complete knowledge of food and beverage menu, preparation, allergens and sanitation and are able to take orders and provide prompt service.
- Must be knowledgeable about Lake Morey Resort and surrounding areas in order to answer customer questions and direct accurately, providing exceptional guest service.
- Perform opening and closing duties, pre-shift and post-shift, as wells as completing required stocking and cleaning duties during shift, following proper sanitation guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management. Encourage a productive and positive atmosphere that promotes team work. Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted. Previous customer service experience is preferred, but not required.
Line & Banquet Cook
Part Time Year Round and Summer Seasonal
- Always with presentation in mind, our cooks prepare food to standards of the highest quality in a timely and efficient manner.
- Set-up and break down stations according to kitchen guidelines, safety standards, and dining event needs.
- Work cooperatively, efficiently and effectively as part of a dedicated and dynamic team.
- Continually develop cooking skills/methods and master a variety of cuisines.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by kitchen manager/chef where needed.
- Culinary experience required, banquet experience preferred. Must be able to succeed in a high volume, fast-paced environment, have a demonstrated ability to work on a team, and must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs. Timeliness and reliability are essential, as is availability to work weekends.
Prep Cook / Garde Manger
Part Time Year-Round and Summer Seasonal
- Prepares and presents cold foods, such as salads, appetizers, fruit plates, desserts, meats and cheeses for restaurant outlets, as well as banquet platters.
- Prepare inventory list for their station and selection of items that correlate with daily menu and banquet offerings.
- Assists other stations with preparation of menu items, including cutting, chopping, carving, dicing fruits, vegetables, meats and cheese.
- Work in coordination with other line chefs so that timing of appetizers, salad entrée and meat entrée arrive on time.
- Set-up and break down stations according to kitchen guidelines, safety standards, and dining event needs
- Must be able to succeed in a high volume, fast-paced environment, have a demonstrated ability to work on a team, and must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs. Timeliness and reliability are essential, as is availability to work weekends and evenings.
Events and On Call
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes, including proper pour amounts.
- Provide exceptional guest service and anticipate guest’s needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them. Learn guests’ names, occupations and favorite drinks to provide a memorable experience.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Learn local beer offerings and wine pairing with enthusiasm.
- Think ahead to stock supplies, garnish, coolers and wash and sterilize stemware.
- At least 2 years bartending experience is required. Summer season will require evenings and weekends, with potential for year-round on call status for special events. Valid VT DLC certification required or obtained prior to commencement of first shift. Must be 18 years old, able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Part Time Year-Round
- Sort, clean, and put away various dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, trays, and other kitchen items in a timely manner for restaurant operation.
- Sweep and mop dish room, hallway and other areas.
- Remove all trash, compost and recyclable materials to appropriate areas.
- Stock cleaning chemicals and ensure dish washing machine is working correctly.
- Must be willing to assist all kitchen staff as needed. May be tasked with prepping food items and/or organizing walk-in coolers and storage areas.
- Previous related experience preferred but not required. Requires the ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs., stand for extended periods and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be reliable and able to work evenings and weekend
Part Time Year-Round and Summer Season Full-Time
- This vital role includes a variety of routine housekeeping tasks to ensure presentability of the lobby, public baths, conferences and guest rooms
- Anticipate guest needs – respond promptly and acknowledge all guests to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Clean all assigned guest rooms including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal, retrieval of clean linens, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning and replenishing rooms with supplies. Assisting to notify the front desk with room cleanliness updates.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all guests and guest rooms.
- Report necessary maintenance issues and lost and found.
- Maintaining proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment, following departmental policies, procedures and service standards.
- Able to work as a team, assisting in laundry, common areas and other assigned areas as needed.
- High levels of cleaning standards and excellent customer service skills required. Physical mobility and stamina required – constant standing and walking, frequent kneeling, bending, pushing, pulling. Must be able to lift 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion. Prior experience is not necessary – we will train the right people. Must be at least 18 years old and able to work weekends.
Preference is given in Seasonal Positions to candidates that can work May through October.
Lake Morey Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For full job descriptions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 802-333-4311 ext. 655