Golf Course Bar & Restaraunt
Food and Beverage
Full Time & Part TIme
Lake Morey Country Club is looking for staff to assist with the golf course bar and restaurant for the 2022 golf season. Position include bar, food service and short order cooking.
Applicants must be 18 years old and pass the Vermont Liquor training. Preference given to candidates that can work through October.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests in a friendly manner and inquire into their food and beverage orders.
- Take accurate food orders, serve food and clear tables.
- Take orders, mix, serve and prepare food and beverage.
- Stock coolers, product, napkins, condiments and ice as needed.
- Clean work stations and restaurant as needed and at end of shifts.
- Prepare food of short order menu and maintain sanitation standards.
- Perform checks to see if dates of expiry on product.
- Maintain knowledge of prices and products to be able to talk intelligently to customers
- Use the point of sale system to account for orders, take payment, provide receipts and make change.
- Provide guests with checks and process payments on an immediate basis or gather credit card information to start a tab. Must have a balanced bank at the end of the shift. Employees are responsible for any shorts encountered.
- Take guests’ signatures on receipts for bills that need to paid. Provide change and receipts when needed.
- Create and maintain inventory of beverages and food sold on beverage cart. Stock, clean and break down for shifts.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender's actions.
- Work as a team with all Lake Morey Resort’s personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons following standard recipes, including proper pour amounts and meals using recipes standards.
- Candidates must have previous experience in food and beverage and/or guest service, be competent with Point of Sale, take initiative and become familiar with menu and beverage selection.