Golf Course Attendant
Full Time & Part TIme
Under the supervision of the Golf Pro & Asst Pro, the various Course positions are responsible for the set up and/or closing of the course, keeping the cart shed clean, stocked, taking out trash and assisting to load, organize and clean carts.
• Provide information regarding course, play time and other golf-related issues.
• Act as an information center for golf course and hotel questions.
• Maintain clean and orderly appearance of starter’s area/booth at all times
• Supply players with score cards, pencils and rules of play.
• Advise players of golf course conditions.
• Store and clean clubs for guests.
• Unlock pull carts and bring out carts to staging area. Clean at end of shift and store safely.
• Set up tee markers and flags as needed. Assist with special tournament markers and props.
• Put rakes near sand traps, making sure all traps have at least one rake when directed.
• Make sure all equipment on the course, as well as the benches, signs, and ball washers are in good functioning condition. Assist with filling water coolers.
• Rove the course throughout your shift to be familiar with how many golfers and carts are on the course and the rate of play.
• Record and report all complaints to the Golf Pro.
• Empty garbage cans and recycling when needed. Transport to dumpsters, separate recycling, trash and break down boxes.
• Pick up any litter on the course and large debris.
• Complete accident/incident reports for all accidents on course
• Lock up handcarts and put away carts
• Turn in any lost items found in carts to the Pro Shop.
• Clean, dry and store carts thoroughly and professionally.
• Assist the restaurant and proshop with stocking and cleaning facilities.
• Drive carts in a safe manner and follow course rules for driving on the course and around golfers.
• Check gas supply of carts.
• Put all equipment in an orderly fashion.
• Lock up if you are the last one to leave.
• Provide excellent customer service – display a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Walking: while picking up trash; while placing rakes, flags, and coolers around golf course.
• Talking/Hearing: to communicate with staff and public
• Sitting: to drive cart s
• Reaching: to retrieve and put away supplies
• Pulling: to open doors; to move equipment
• Pushing: to close doors; to move equipment
• Stooping: to pick up litter
• Crouching: to pick up litter Seeing: to drive ranger’s cart; to retrieve supplies and equipment
• Lifting: to put out water coolers, 25 pounds with occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• General knowledge of the game of golf
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Organizational skills
• Customer service experience
• Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team
• Ability to drive a golf cart
• Ability to work unsupervised
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice