Kitchen Steward & Dishwasher
Food and Beverage
Summer Season &/or Year Round
Full Time & Part TIme
Stewards serve as the support staff for the cooks, responsible for dishes, cleaning, food prep and may be trained for garde manger.
- The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Clean and sort cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Read tickets and prepare, to order, all food items following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits. Prepare recipes and plate presentations, correctly set up according to tickets.
- Prep for assigned food items. Wash and clean raw food products. Peel, dice, shred and slice food products using electric equipment. Count all prepped items used in salad area checking for quality and proper rotation. All salad mix is prepped a minimum of twice daily or once each shift.
- Maintain cooking line in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
- Assist other areas of kitchen as needed.
- Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
- Label, date, rotate and store all items properly.
- Hospitality business cycles may require additional work in other areas as needed.
- Dishwashers must be 14 years old. No experience necessary.
- Must be able to succeed in a high volume, fast-paced environment, have a demonstrated ability to work on a team, and must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires ability to frequently lift 30 to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs. Timeliness and reliability are essential, as is availability to work weekends and evenings.
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.Apply Now