Coronavirus Monitoring at Lake Morey Resort
Lake Morey Resort has been providing opportunities for enriching engagement between people and the great outdoors among our friends, guests, and groups of all sizes for generations. The health and safety of our guests and staff has always been a top priority.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the guidelines from these agencies as well as, the Vermont Department of Health, and the US Department of Health and Human Services. As a guest, you will notice a few changes around the resort. We have stepped up our everyday preventative care actions, posting hand washing reminders and instructions in all lavatories, providing antibacterial sanitizers at workstations, meeting rooms, and outdoor activity areas, cleaning then disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, and have removed all non-essential items and soft touchpoints from all areas of the resort. Our staff is working to ensure your wellbeing across the resort, from public spaces to guest rooms. Learn more about our detailed Health & Safety steps below. Protocols do change frequently based on the lastest guidance, please visit this page prior to your trip to stay up-to-date on our safety measures.
** Please be aware of Vermont's Cross-State Travel Advisory: All out-of-state travelers staying at Vermont lodging must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance at the time of reservation AND check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker. Travelers arriving in Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions. Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends or family - travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site. For further details, please visit the Vermont Department of Health.
Should your group meeting or personal travel plans change due to the COVID-19, we are amending our cancellation policy to allow you to adjust your plans prior to your arrival. We understand information and recommendations from state and national agencies are constantly being updated and may make advance planning challenging. Rest assured Lake Morey Resort will provide you flexible planning as well as create the healthiest environment for you and your guests; whether you’re visiting us in the coming months or later in the year.
Please reach out to your reservation specialist or group contact to review the cancellation policy for your stay or with any questions concerning your upcoming stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Health & Safety of our Employees and Guests
The health and safety of our resort is the joint effort of our employees and our guests. Our staff has familiarized themselves with the following list of Health & Safety Guidelines and we welcome our guests to also make themselves aware of our latest procedures. We are all in this together.
- Upon arriving at the resort, each employee will complete a health questionnaire. The designated health supervisor has the authority to send an employee home should they show signs of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with another person suspected of having COVID-19.
- We ask all our guests to wear their face coverings or masks while moving through or gathering in our indoor common areas such as our lobby, hallways, gift shop and Pro Shop. Our guests are requested to continue practicing physical distancing while moving around the resort, this includes keeping a 6-foot distance between you and any other employee or guest not part of your travel group. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will also practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobbies, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landings, pools, exercise, and recreation areas.
- All employees are required to wear masks when interacting with guests, while cleaning or sanitizing guest rooms and common areas, and when they are unable to maintain physical distancing in the course of their jobs. We ask our guests to wear masks when they are unable to physical distance among people outside their travel group.
- Signage is posted throughout the property reminding employees of the proper way to handle commonly touched surfaces, to wear, handle, and dispose of masks, use gloves, wash their hands, sneeze, and to avoid touching their faces.
- We are following all CDC guidelines should a presumptive COVID-19 case be reported to the resort. Our employees have clear instructions on how to swiftly respond and report all presumed cases of COVID-19. We will be ready to provide support to our guests. Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Employees and guests who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify their manager (employees) or hotel management (guests).
The New Guest Journey Begins at Arrival
We have modified several of your guest experiences across the resort to limit your interactions with employees, give you safe distances from other resort guests, and to provide a clean and sanitary environment.
Guest Arrival & Departures:
- You will receive your reservation confirmation via email prior to your arrival. You will have the ability to pre-pay for your stay prior to arriving at the resort, limiting your time at the front desk.
- Included in your reservation confirmation will be a Visitor Screening Questionnaire, as provided by the Vermont Department of Health. Each person in your travel group must complete the questionnaire within 24 hours of arrival. We encourage guests to email the completed forms to limit the amount of paperwork transferred at check-in.
- Check-in for new arrivals begins at 3pm.
- Please limit yourself to one individual at the front desk during your check-in process and give other resort guests 6 feet of physical distancing should we have a short line at the desk. Plexiglass shields have been installed for each Reservation Specialist to provide both of you additional safety.
- Credit Card payment is preferred, cash payments for room stays is discouraged.
- To limit cross-contamination, we will not be able to store luggage or bags behind the front desk.
- Check-out time is 11am. In order to maximize the time between guests leaving then cleaning and sanitizing of guest rooms prior to new guest check-ins, there will be a minimum of 24 hours between the use of each guest room.
- We ask all guests and employees to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and any employee or guest not in your travel group. This includes check-in, check-out, elevator lobbies, waterfront, recreation areas, and dining areas.
- We require all our guests to wear their face coverings or masks while moving through or gathering in our indoor common areas such as our lobby, hallways, gift shop and Skate Shop.
- Only one household shall occupy the elevator at any given time.
- Our Steamboat Lounge and Lakefront Dining Room has reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
- Meeting and banquet set-up arrangements will allow for physical distancing between guests in all meetings and events based on CDC and state recommendations. Self-serve, buffet-style food service will be suspended and replaced by alternative service styles.
- Pool and outdoor seating shall be configured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests. We ask each guest to sanitize pool patio seating prior to and after each use.
- Exercise Room is limited to not more than 3 non-family/houseold individuals at a time. Sanitation stations are provided; each guest is asked to sanitize equipment before and after each use.
- Physical distancing protocols will be used in the kitchen, shared office spaces, and other high-density areas in order to ensure appropriate distancing between employees.
Resort Wide Cleaning Protocols
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of public spaces has been increased with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, gym equipment, recreational equipment, dining surfaces, and seating areas.
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, and luggage racks.
- Keeping in your safety and the safety of our staff our highest priority, housekeeping services will be limited to cleaning and advanced sanitation measures between guest stays only. No staff will enter an occupied room unless there is an emergency situation. Fresh towels, additional amenities, or additional linens or pillows will be delivered to the guest door in a sealed bag upon request. During your stay, should you have items you wish to be removed from your room, such as soiled towels, linens, or garbage and recycling; such items should be bagged and left outside your door by 11am where it will be retrieved by housekeeping staff.
- Where possible, sanitizing stations have been added in recreational areas. Our staff will be responsible for sanitizing all borrowed recreational equipment before and after use.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high-traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on the employee break rooms, employee entrances, employee restrooms, loading docks, offices, and kitchens.
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes phones, radios, computers, and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other direct contact items used throughout the properties.
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
Skate Shop and Rentals
New this season, our Skate Shop has moved to the Terrace Ballroom located in the west wing of the resort. Our Skate Shop is open to the public and Resort guests. The Skate Shop will be observing all CDC, EPA, and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- All Skate Shop guests, both day-visitors and overnight guests, must attest to following Vermont’s travel and quarantine policies by signing a Compliance Certificate with the quest’s full name, physical address, phone number, and e-mail as well as date and time of the rental. Certificates are held for 30-days for contract tracing purposes. For further details on Vermont’s travel and quarantine policies, please visit the Vermont Department of Health.
- The Skate Shop is operating with limited occupancy. We ask guests to enter through the Resort’s main entrance and exit to the ice through the doors marked Terrace Patio. Blue floor signage indicates the flow of traffic. Signage on the lakefront indicates flow of traffic on and off the ice and back to the skate shop for rental returns.
- In keeping with the balance of the Resort, we ask all guests and employees to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and any employee or guest not in your household, as well as wearing your face coverings or masks at all times while in the Shop.
- We will be accepting credit card payments only.
- All rental equipment is cleaned and sanitized prior to use by the following guest.
- We are unable to take rental reservations; rentals are on a first-come-first-served basis. Due to limited occupancy, guests may be asked to wait outside until rentals and/or space is available.
- You are asked that while enjoying the ice and all resort activities, you maintain a 6-foot distance between you and other individuals or groups outside from your household and wear face coverings or masks at all times.
- Please plan accordingly. The Skate Shop and the resort lobby will NOT be available as warming areas. Restrooms will NOT be available to the general public.
- Reservations are required for both the Steamboat Lounge and Lakeside Dining Room and require contact tracing information for each guest.
- In keeping with Vermont Department of Health guidelines, we ask that you refrain from congregating in social groups larger than your household at the Resort and parking lot.
Restaurant & Lounge Dining
Our Lakeview Dining Room and Steamboat Lounge will be observing all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines. Indoor dining is available on select days throughout the winter; although as an alternative, our Chef has crafted to-go menus shall guests seek alternatives to dining in our restaurants.
- Reservations are required for all dining in our restaurants. Current VDH guidelines limit one household per table. Contact name, address, phone and email address are captured for each guest along with the date and time of their visit.
- Breakfast and dinner may be ordered to-go and picked-up in the dining room with the host or the front desk at an agreed upon time.
- Self-serve coffee and tea stations have been removed from the lobby and dining room.
- Menus in our dining room will be disposable and replaced between each guest.
- Pre-bagged ice will be available at the Front Desk upon request, we will no longer be able to directly fill beverage coolers for guests. Limit one bag per guest per day.
Banquets & Events
Our banquet and event services are following proper guidelines on group gatherings as provided by the State of Vermont. The Resort will be observing all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- Signage will be posted outside of meeting and events reminding guests of appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- If necessary, modified menus will be created to showcase styles of service and items currently available.
- All buffet and self-serve style events will be amended to reduce cross-contamination.
- All food and beverage items will be individually plated and served, including coffee breaks. Utensils and napkins will be rolled.
- All shared equipment and meeting amenities will be sanitized before and after each use, or be single-use in nature if it is unable to be sanitized.
- All linen, including underlays, will be replaced after each use.
- Sanitize conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches, and other equipment after each group use.
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event-by-event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing that follows respective operating County requirements, Fire Department requirements, and CDC guidelines.
- Site inspections and tours will be done virtually and/or appropriately physically distanced.
Food Service Guidelines
- All staff are to enter through the back door, not through the front entrance.
- All staff must complete the health questionnaire at the beginning of each shift
- All personal items must be in the back lockers, no items in the dining room. No cell phone use is allowed during the shift.
- All staff must wear a mask at all times. Frequent hand washing is required.
- No staff drink or food will be allowed in the dining room; a designated area will be reserved in the kitchen.
Front of House:
- Menus will be disposable and will be replaced between each guest use.
- All tables in the dining room and steamboat lounge will be appropriately spaced to provide adequate social distancing of 6 feet between parties.
- At least one staff member must remain in the dining room at all times to control guest flow.
- All guests must have a reservation, whether for the Steamboat Lounge or Lakeside Dining Room – resort will remind guests to arrive on time for their reservation – those who arrive late will be pushed back to later time – no exceptions. Contact information of each guest is collected and saved each day for contact tracing. At the end of each shift, the guest list must be given to the front desk to be saved and filed.
- Should a party arrive without a reservation, but we have capacity to seat them, contacts of each guest must be provided by the party and saved with the day’s reservation list. The reservation/guest contact list is saved for 30 days to provide contact tracing.
- Current VDH guidelines allow for only one household per table.
- Servers/bussers are to sanitize each table and chairs between parties, including all condiments and salt/pepper shakers.
- One staff member per shift will be in charge of all silverware and will be trained in proper sanitation. All silverware and napkins will be presented to guests in a roll-up.
- All POS systems must to sanitized between uses.
- A pen sanitation station is available as well as a slip station for each server.
- All food returning to the kitchen must be placed in the compost or waste bins, if necessary an entire new dish will be prepared.