Coronavirus Monitoring at Lake Morey Resort
Lake Morey Resort has been providing opportunities for enriching engagement between people and the great outdoors among our friends, guests, and groups of all sizes for generations. The health and safety of our guests and staff has always been a top priority.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the guidelines from these agencies as well as, the Vermont Department of Health, and the US Department of Health and Human Services. As a guest, you will notice a few changes around the resort. We have stepped up our everyday preventative care actions, posting hand washing reminders and instructions in all lavatories, providing antibacterial sanitizers at workstations, meeting rooms, and outdoor activity areas, cleaning then disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, and have removed all non-essential items from all areas of the resort. Our staff is working to ensure your wellbeing across the resort, from public spaces to guest rooms. Learn more about our detailed Health & Safety steps below. Protocols do change frequently based on the lastest guidance, please visit this page prior to your trip to stay up-to-date on our safety measures.
** Please be aware of Vermont's Cross-State Travel Advisory: As part of Vermont's phased reopening plan, travel to Vermont no longer requires testing or quarantine. If you are fully vaccinated, the State of Vermont recommends you travel with your vaccination card, although the Resort will NOT ask for proof of COVID-19 vaccination. For further details, please visit the Vermont Department of Health.
Should your group meeting or personal travel plans change due to the COVID-19, we are amending our cancellation policy to allow you to adjust your plans prior to your arrival. We understand information and recommendations from state and national agencies are constantly being updated and may make advance planning challenging. Rest assured Lake Morey Resort will provide you flexible planning as well as create the healthiest environment for you and your guests; whether you’re visiting us in the coming months or later in the year.
Please reach out to your reservation specialist or group contact to review the cancellation policy for your stay or with any questions concerning your upcoming stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Health & Safety of our Employees and Guests
The health and safety of our resort is the joint effort of our employees and our guests. Our staff has familiarized themselves with the following list of Health & Safety Guidelines and we welcome our guests to also make themselves aware of our latest procedures. We are all in this together.
- Upon arriving at the resort, each employee will complete a health questionnaire. The designated health supervisor has the authority to send an employee home should they show signs of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with another person suspected of having COVID-19.
- We ask all our non-vaccinated guests to continue wearing their face coverings or masks while moving through or gathering in our indoor common areas such as our lobby, hallways, gift shop and Pro Shop. Throughout the season, all our guests are requested to continue practicing physical distancing while moving around the resort, this includes keeping a 6-foot distance between you and any other employee or guest not part of your travel group. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will also practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobbies, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landings, pools, exercise, and recreation areas.
- All unvaccinated employees are required to wear masks when interacting with guests, while cleaning or sanitizing guest rooms and common areas, and when they are unable to maintain physical distancing in the course of their jobs. The Resort's food service staff will continue to wear masks while engaging with customers regardless of vaccination status. We ask our guests to wear masks when they are unable to physical distance among people outside their travel group.
- Signage is posted throughout the property reminding employees of the proper way to handle commonly touched surfaces, to wear, handle, and dispose of masks, use gloves, wash their hands, sneeze, and to avoid touching their faces.
- We are following all CDC guidelines should a presumptive COVID-19 case be reported to the resort. Our employees have clear instructions on how to swiftly respond and report all presumed cases of COVID-19. We will be ready to provide support to our guests. Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Employees and guests who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify their manager (employees) or hotel management (guests).
The New Guest Journey Begins at Arrival
We have modified several of your guest experiences across the resort to limit your interactions with employees, give you safe distances from other resort guests, and to provide a clean and sanitary environment.
Guest Arrival & Departures:
- You will receive your reservation confirmation via email prior to your arrival. You will have the ability to pre-pay for your stay prior to arriving at the resort, limiting your time at the front desk.
- Check-in for new arrivals begins at 3pm.
- Please limit yourself to one individual at the front desk during your check-in process and give other resort guests 6 feet of physical distancing should we have a short line at the desk. Plexiglass shields have been installed for each Reservation Specialist to provide both of you additional safety.
- Credit Card payment is preferred, cash payments for room stays is discouraged.
- We are limiting the storage of luggage and bags behind the front desk.
- Check-out time is 11am. In order to maximize the time between guests leaving then cleaning and sanitizing of guest rooms prior to new guest check-ins, late check-outs will not be guaranteed.
- We ask all guests and employees to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and any employee or guest not in your travel group. This includes check-in, check-out, elevator lobbies, waterfront, recreation areas, and dining areas. Regardless of vaccination status, we encourage guests to wear their face coverings or masks if you are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and any employee or guests not in your travel group.
- All nonvaccinated guests must wear their face coverings or masks while moving through or gathering in our indoor common areas such as our lobby, hallways, gift shop, Pro Shop and dining areas.
- Only one household shall occupy the elevator at any given time.
- Our Steamboat Lounge and Lakefront Dining Room has reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests and additional outdoor dining will return as weather permits. Until June 1st, although the bar will be open, lounge guests must be seated at tables, no standing/mingling is allowed. Until June 1 all food and bar service will conclude by 10pm.
- Meeting and banquet set-up arrangements will allow for physical distancing between guests in all meetings and events based on CDC and state recommendations.
- Pool and outdoor seating shall be configured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests. We ask each guest to sanitize pool patio seating prior to and after each use.
- Exercise Room is limited to not more than 3 non-family/houseold individuals at a time. Sanitation stations are provided; each guest is asked to sanitize equipment before and after each use.
- Physical distancing protocols will be used in the kitchen, shared office spaces, and other high-density areas in order to ensure appropriate distancing between employees.
Resort Wide Cleaning Protocols
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of public spaces has been increased with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, gym equipment, recreational equipment, dining surfaces, and seating areas.
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, and luggage racks.
- Keeping in your safety and the safety of our staff our highest priority, housekeeping services will be limited to cleaning and advanced sanitation measures between guest stays only. No staff will enter an occupied room unless there is an emergency situation. Fresh towels, additional amenities, or additional linens or pillows will be delivered to the guest door in a sealed bag upon request. During your stay, should you have items you wish to be removed from your room, such as soiled towels, linens, or garbage and recycling; such items should be bagged and left outside your door by 11am where it will be retrieved by housekeeping staff.
- Where possible, sanitizing stations have been added in recreational areas. Our staff will be responsible for sanitizing all borrowed recreational equipment before and after use.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high-traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on the employee break rooms, employee entrances, employee restrooms, loading docks, offices, and kitchens.
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes phones, radios, computers, and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other direct contact items used throughout the properties.
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
Restaurant & Lounge Dining
Our Lakeview Dining Room and Steamboat Lounge will be observing all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines. Indoor and outdoor dining is available; although as an alternative, our Chef has crafted to-go menus shall guests seek alternatives to dining in our restaurants.
- Reservations are required for all dining in our restaurants. Until further notice is given by the VDH, food and beverage service will conclude by 10pm.
- Breakfast and dinner may be ordered to-go and picked-up in the dining room with the host or the front desk at an arranged time.
- Lunch items may be ordered from the Lake Morey Country Club with curbside pick-up and outside dining is offered on our Country Club patio.
- All buffet and self-service menus have been replaced with staffed served buffets. This will return to traditional service shortly.
- Self-serve coffee and tea stations have returned to the lobby and dining room.
- Menus in our dining room will be disposable and replaced between each guest.
- Pre-bagged ice will be available at the Front Desk upon request, we will no longer be able to directly fill beverage coolers for guests.
Banquets & Events
Our banquet and event services are following proper guidelines on group gatherings as provided by the State of Vermont. The Resort will be observing all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- Signage will be posted outside of meeting and events reminding guests of appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- If necessary, modified menus will be created to showcase styles of service and items currently available.
- All buffet and self-serve style events will be amended to reduce cross-contamination.
- All food and beverage items will be individually plated and served. Utensils and napkins will be rolled.
- All shared equipment and meeting amenities will be sanitized before and after each use, or be single-use in nature if it is unable to be sanitized.
- All linen, including underlays, will be replaced after each use.
- Sanitize conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches, and other equipment after each group use.
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event-by-event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing that follows respective operating County requirements, Fire Department requirements, and CDC guidelines.
- Site inspections and tours will be done virtually and/or appropriately physically distanced.
Golf - Lake Morey Country Club
Our Country Club is open to the public and Resort guests. The Country Club will be observing all CDC, EPA, and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- In keeping with the balance of the Resort, we ask all LMCC guests and employees to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and any employee or guest not in your household or travel group, as well as wearing your face coverings or masks if unvaccinated while in the Pro Shop while ordering meals or drinks in the Club House an if you are unable to maintain social distancing outdoors and on the course.
- We request all tee time reservations, green fees and cart payments are completed prior to arrival over the phone.
- Carts are available for pick-up at the roadside and are limited to your travel group. Carts are returned under the canopy area. Please remove all your belongings and any trash. Carts are sanitized by Country Club staff after each use.
- The Clubhouse and Pro-shop are open, with limited occupancy. We ask guests to enter through the Pro-Shop and exit through the restaurant door. Blue floor signage indicates the flow of traffic. A select number of Pro-Shop items are also available online for curb-side pick-up.
- New outdoor patio seating at the Country Club! The Country Club is also offering lunch, snacks, and beverages through online or phone orders for curbside delivery at a specified time. A water bottle refill station is also available.