Sustainability - Green Hotel

Lake Morey Resort has been designated a Green Hotel by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and the Vermont Small Business Development Center ( The resort is proud to have adopted a strong environmental policy intended to reduce our impact on the environment and create a cleaner future for all.

Lake Morey Resort and our employees are committed to being responsible stewards of Vermont’s natural resources. As an Environmental Partner, our policy is to seek environmental quality improvements throughout our business operations. We believe it is our responsibility to prevent pollution in addition to meeting business objectives. As we improve resource efficiency, materials management and handling, and other areas of our operations, we seek to improve environmental quality as well.

Our business is actively working to achieve and maintain the “Environmental Partner” standards promoted by the Vermont Small Business Development Center and the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources. We are committed to striving for environmental excellence and serving as an example for other businesses and the community.

Green Hotel Initiative

  • Resort wide recycling of plastic, tin, aluminum, cardboard, mixed paper and glass
  • Composting 19.5 tons of food waste annually
  • LED and CFL lighting in 90% of the building and dimmers in the remaining 10%
  • Ozonating laundry system
  • Perfect flow shower heads in all the guestrooms
  • Perfect flush toilets in every guestroom
  • Towel re-use program
  • Activities program with a focus on green projects and local ecology
  • Earth-friendly cleaning products
  • Energy reduction strategy including guestroom energy conservation program